Leveling Up the Vision for Global Ionizing Radiation Testing + Research
Many GMO humans were created during Cold War era Human Radiologic Experiments (HRE) as worldwide nuclear weapon research and testing, followed by iR exposures from emerging nuclear industries and reactor site accidents, and the importance of our mission becomes crystal clear.
- Internationally Identifiable group that wants to make themselves (genetic material) available as Humanitarian Research Subjects.
- Many associated with weapons testing were silenced for 50 years (US) and continue to struggle to gather relevant and actionable health information.
- Global social media groups cannot meet the needs of gathering genetic markers for the two to three, and even now fourth generations dying or who are genetically compromised.
- Gathering this genetic material from known and identifiable subjects is why Children of Atomic Veterans, The Tooth Fairy Project and Gender+Radiation Impact Projects are so incredibly import to get funded.
- Children of Atomic Veteran projects focus is on developing the genetic studies that a volunteer control group of veterans and their offspring can provide for independent researchers or studies worldwide. Proof of military exposure during atomic testing and their descendant’s are most easily traceable.
- Trans Generational Test Kit availability is also a the mission of Children of Atomic Veterans, as a necessary first step in self-care and understanding the hereditary risks from an
- exposed upline ancestor. Creating the space for appropriate kits to be made available as conveniently as ordering a ancestry kit is now, or at the very least, as common as asking for a BRCA test, for a hereditary form of breast cancer.
- PROJECTS Still Glowing supports have benefits for the general global population.
The Immediate Needs
- Develop a printable document outlining the “Known Medical Conditions” doctors and caregivers can reference while diagnosing or treating Children of Atomic Veterans. Every doctor is a new educational process, and most doctors are unfamiliar with that groups needs.
- Vietnam War Veterans Agent Orange victims now have this now through private citizen efforts of a daughter born with 32 medical conditions associated with specific generational genetic damage caused by that chemical agent.
- Develop a brief summery of the genetic overview for physicians, caregivers and family members, as reproductive issues are prevalent both to the exposed Veteran, his spouse, children and ongoing family lineage.
- Build database of volunteer subjects willing to give their genetic material and background information who are veterans or their post-exposure offspring.
- Collect Genetic material via DNA kits, and have the data from them available for researchers to access or reference.
- Provide participants><researcher connectivity.
- Support outreach and awareness efforts of the organizations and projects that align with improving understanding and documentation for generational research on the impacts of ionizing radiation to the human body.
- Encourage participation by offering the double strand DNA Kit at a reduced rate by making it available worldwide with a single source of collection to encourage researchers of consistent and reliable resource for getting their participant info or data, helping us avoid HIPPA laws in the US and international 3rd party to hold participant data.
- Identifying and outreach to celebrity voices from various disciplines to support recognition and messaging to raise awareness with the various generations impacted by the DNA damage and resulting genetic anomalies.
- Raise awareness in the medical research community that are group is ready, willing and able to provide them fairly well qualified research subjects for current and future research studies.
- Founders are currently recognized in the social networks as informed and reliable references.
- Targeted Campaigns. Much of what we have learned as a self-organizing on-line community is openly shared in an effort to help one another find the answers our governments won’t or most likely, can’t.
- Narrow Lane. All descendants will have or have had their countries military service in common. For that reason, our efforts will be restricted to research, education and medical awareness as our stated mission. While individuals within our groups have a diversity of backgrounds and positions, we remain non-political in the pro-/anti-nuclear debate. Respecting Veteran’s, their families and the governments they have served is an important goal of the organization.
Social Engagement. Most Veterans and their children have served in silence and are often looking for a voice and information. Many are anxious to tell their stories since the clearances have been lifted in many countries now.
- This and Future Generations of GMO Humans need options. While we suffer the consequences of our respective governments, our goal to is not let science miss the opportunity to have this genetic information and material available for researchers worldwide seeking answers, now and into the future. My government advised me NOT to reproduce at the age of 12, others were not so lucky. Now they suffer as they watch their children and grandchildren continue to evolve with birth defects raining down on their family tree. Future generations deserve the benefit of early testing and/or developing genetic options.
- Time is right! The ratification of the UN treaty two weeks ago takes effect January 22, 2021. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/25/treaty-banning-nuclear-weapons-made-official-with-50th-un-signatory
- “Do you know if you GLO!” Launch “awareness campaign” will focus to encourage people to ask about it within their families and help gain an understanding of the multi-generational impact. Once Test kits become available.
- “Know if you GLO” will campaign will promote getting tested
- “iGLO” Community for individuals and families to be recognized who have been as invisible as the ghost left in their genes.
- “iGLOW” Focus is on women and reproductive impacts and considerations.
The Cofounders Backstory
Invoking President Obama and the White House to take action required Kathy to inform Victoria she had been advocating on her behalf without her knowledge for quite some time.
“During research of Atomic Veterans and Children of Atomic Veterans I came across Victoria’s web page and felt a strong connection to her and her story. In late 2016 I began an email campaign to the White House on behalf of Victoria and others, without her knowledge, asking for help. After a few months of weekly emails, to my surprise I received a phone call from a man named Scott Bell from the Washington D.C. Veterans Administration. He said my email had bounced around the White House, made it to President Obama’s desk, then bounced around the Washington VA department with orders from the White House to “help this woman in the email”. I was given a private number to pass on to Victoria, a woman I had never met. Soon after, an autographed photo of the President with a hand signed letter and a Veterans Proclamation showed up on my porch. My next problem was how do I reach out to Victoria and convince her I’m not a crazed stalker.” – Kathy Kirchner-Sinai
“Following his probative interview and informing me I had “bounced around the White House” when Mr. Bell followed up I was yet again in a Stanford Hospital bed, a 48 day stay that time. Scott was ‘So sorry. We could not find a program or initiative to fit you in.’
Fighting for my life, once again I was clearly abandoned by the United States government, now even at the highest level. With nowhere let to turn, it was clear something should be done to help others like me, and address the genetic and health needs of Atomic Veterans and their families globally . While I hadn’t really focused on it prior to that call, it was a clear call to action for both of us.
ChildrenofAtomicVeterans.org is our initial our to help support the growing and active online Facebook groups, started by others seeking answers and sharing resources globally.
I feel blessed at this point I was told by the US Military not to have children at 12 years old so I did not bear a human being with heartbreaking birth defects. I was advised my body would have cancers that would “track like your father’s.” For the next 18 years he had become a highly document labrat as they treated his repeatedly exposed body. I watched The Chief and my mother suffer some of the most unspeakable and devastatingly life altering effects of repeated, onsite iR exposures.
The genetic damage first showed up in my reproductive system involved three+ years of treatments, 2 exploratory surgeries, a tubal ligation, and required a full hysterectomy by 23. Awaiting the inevitable onset and now and fighting multiple cancers are just another legacy gift from their mismanagement of the second generation of human guinea pigs that were abandoned. Militaries and nuclear researchers worldwide had extensive and protracted clearances, and like my father, died still under his Q Cleared. Silence, never able to speak of it outside of our four walls.
With Still Glowing.org, we hope is to bring our group out of the shadows. Shining a light on our ongoing reproductive and genetic challenges should serve as a cautionary tale to this and future generations. When our paths crossed, Kathy and I found ourselves heading in the same direction but that new roads needed to be built to help us get there. So far, no one has discouraged this pursuit or downplayed the importance of it goals. As strange as my story is, it is not unique. Knowledge is empowering and there are modern cautionary tales to tell. I want others to be given the chance I was was.” – Victoria Moore
Most of us have been silenced or medically abandoned so long by our respective governments that by sharing our stories, our parents stories and banking our genetic data may be the best way to facilitate research and really help future generations of global scientists, world health care workers and GMO humans.
In 2020, both received an International Humanitarian Award from the United States Enewetok Atoll Atomic Cleanup Joint Task Force, Republic of the Marshall Islands representatives and supported by the frontline community of Marshallese Americans.